The Kenya Ferry Services has urged passengers and motorists aboard water vessels to adhere to rules and regulations for safety.
Below are the guidelines issued on Tuesday:
1.Do not sit or stand on the prow: the most forward part of a ferry that cuts through the water.
2.Do not leave children unattended.
3. Do not put loads or weights on pressurized pipes.
4.Do not sit, stand or occupy any unauthorized places.
5.Do not sit or lean on the edges of the ferry.
1. Follow the signs leading to the ferry and directions from staff.
2. Drive within the regulated speed limit and give yourself plenty of room for braking.
3. Turn on dipped headlights before driving onto or off a deck. This will help you spot staff who are wearing safety reflectors and make vehicle deck markings more visible.
4. While onboard the ferry, ensure car engine is switched off, handbrake engaged and windows rolled down.
5. Unbuckle your seat belt and disembark from the vehicle.
In case of any emergency while onboard the ferry, KFS advises that the coxswain shall give direction on emergency procedures to be followed.
For Citizen TV updates
Join @citizentvke Telegram channel
Video Of The Day: | WESTLANDS UNDERWORLD | Crooks, gov’t officials named in plot to grab man’s property